Forum for ATOC (ACE Trains Owners Club) members and anyone interested in all things ACE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ACE Trains Picture Gallery

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 29]

1 Stratford based Britannia on Fri 11 Dec 2015, 21:06

fleetman

Pictures by Peter Beale
Four great picture of the Britannia
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Norfolkman

I exactly agree with Howard. Initially I had to scroll across to see whole picture but from yesterday after the re-sizing this is not now the case. I use Windows 10 although this is probably irrelevant.

3 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:03

Nearholmer

This may be an iPad-specific issue.

It's nigh-on impossible to load photo to the forum from an iPad, so it probably gets the sulks when it sees ones loaded from other devices.

K

4 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 09:58

Howardstarr

Before you do anything drastic, they are perfect on my computer, both those below, and the earlier ones.
I haven't done anything special to deserve this!

5 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 09:47

northwalesace

Sorry about this. In Flickr I reduced the resolution size to 1024 x 768.

I'll look at it later again.

6 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 09:10

Nearholmer

The way the forum is displaying the pictures today, I can see a little bit more, but still not everything .......... the whole of a City, one buffer of an M7, and the tender of the Duchess.

Talk about a "slow reveal"! Very Happy

K

7 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Wed 07 Oct 2015, 22:26

northwalesace

PS I'll try and name the City tomorrow (Chester).

Just my opinion but this version of the City class livery, especially the GWR green is superb.

I had been a little apprehensive about the malachite green version of the M7 as in some of the lesser gauges, that version of green borders on the yellow side of malachite. However, no worries here. The overall livery and lining is convincing and fine. Can this be bettered by the olive and LSWR liveries?

8 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Wed 07 Oct 2015, 21:56

claughton1345

I have the same problem but can cure it by reducing the reproduction ratio to c50%, for then you get to see the whole width of the original photo.

These photos are of superb quality, sharp and evenly lit - well done and thank you!

9 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Wed 07 Oct 2015, 21:54

Nearholmer

Mark

These photos seem to be locked "private" on Flickr, while on this forum I'm only seeing an extract of each - see part of a City, but The M7 is notable by its invisibility, and no Duchess, just a slice of carriage.

That red wall does work well as a backdrop, though.

Kevin

10 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Wed 07 Oct 2015, 08:19

northwalesace

Latest arrivals at our Rhyl layout. New classics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]ACE_City_M7 by Mark Armstrong, on Flickr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]ACE_M7 by Mark Armstrong, on Flickr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]ACE_Duchess_01 by Mark Armstrong, on Flickr

I've now used a smaller image size.

Mark

Last edited by northwalesace on Wed 07 Oct 2015, 22:21; edited 1 time in total

11 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:36

Chris H

GNR 4-4-2T (Later LNER C12).

Northwalesace -

What ever the origins, that is a stunning model.

I can understand your reluctance to repaint or touch the model. I might have been tempted to do a repaint if it were mine, but it is not.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards
Chris H

12 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:06

claughton1345

Alan

Those head lamps look as if they are models of the LNWR pattern headlamp which, as you will know, had a clear watch-glass (not lens) at the front and a red watch-glass to the rear.

I don't think any other companies locomotive lamps lamps were like this.  The advantage was supposed to be that the loco crew could check that the lamps were alight from the cab (except the one over the coupling hook!).

What an attractive model an Atlantic makes.

13 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:59

Alan Cliff

My Douglass Models Southern Railway ( ex LBSCR) Earle Marsh designed 4-4-2 "The Needles" has the loco and tender bodies made of fibreglass. Douglass Models called the substance "Bondaglass." If you look at the smokebox saddle, which is slightly damaged you can see the "Bondaglass." I am not sure whose mech the original builder used. Indeed I doubt it is the original mech as it seems more contemporary. The fittings on loco and tender are from various sources.
The loco runs beautifully and toyed with four ACE SR suburban carriages. The headlamps were fixed when I bought her. I have contemplated fixing ACE Southern white loco discs in their place and may yet do so.
Douglass Models flourished in the mid twentieth century and was owned by Douglas Brittain. with offices at Broad Carr Lane, Halifax. I have a 1966 price list of their "Bondaglass" 0 gauge loco and tender bodies. 28 steam outline locos appear including the SR H1 class "Atlantic" and the LNER (ex GNR) Doncaster during the time the Ivatt "Atlantics" were designed and built. Alan Cliff

14 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:02

northwalesace

I've noticed that my pictures seem 'cropped' on the ATOC site. Perhaps I'm posting them at too large a size. Although the 1024 size was cropped on an earlier upload. If you right click and view image, you can see the complete picture.

15 Re: ACE Trains Picture Gallery on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:00

northwalesace

GNR 4-4-2.

This engine I picked up at a small B-L vintage event. I immeadiatley spotted that it started life as a Bing tank engine. The lamp and sockets are a dead give away. It is very well done too. The motor is B-L and has been packed with lead and so weighs rather a lot.

I have decided not to repaint or touch it in any way. I think the paint job is original to the conversion. It happily trundles around the layout hauling a rake of Bing 'shortie' carriages converted from their original bogie form to a really attractive 6-wheel style by John Hart.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]GNR_4-4-2 by Mark Armstrong, on Flickr

Last edited by northwalesace on Wed 07 Oct 2015, 22:29; edited 1 time in total

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 29]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum