Forum for ATOC (ACE Trains Owners Club) members and anyone interested in all things ACE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hornby Windosr Station (electric) on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 13:53

Kevinb

Hi,

I have just purchased this off of ebay.

Sue has received this morning, looks good from the photos she has sent me.

Just one thing... where can I purchase the light bulbs for the station lamps, any ideas?

One other question, before I returned to Haiti I tried my clerestory set on my end to end shunting layout. Only to find that the non powered coach ran fine over Atlas 6060 three rail curve, whilst the coach with the spoon pick up derailed.

Is there a fix for this (reducing the tension of the springs) or is it a track problem

Sorry the coaches are not Ace products.

2 Re: Hornby Windosr Station (electric) on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 21:29

guard_jamie

Kevin,

For the record (and you are by no means the first), this section of the forum is dedicated to questions regarding forum operation, glitches, difficulties etc., and your post would probably do better in the 'general' section, despite it being a question!

I have a small army of Hornby No.2E signals which use the same bulbs as your new station. Fortunately, they came with a battalion of replacement bulbs so I have not yet had to splash out! However, I did find on the internet with a little searching bulbs of the right style for use in our vintage equipment, even if I cannot for the life of me remember what they are traditionally titled by stockists, but I can assure you they are out there! I recall ebay was a good place to have a look.

The advantage of buying new is that these bulbs come in a variety of voltages so you can choose what suits you. Right now my signals are running off two different transformers, set to 3 and 12V!

Afraid I can't help you with regards to the carriages, although it sounds like you might be on the right track with the spoon being the seat of the problem if a non-powered coach is ok.

Jamie

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum